Mar 14, 2011

Taxi strike

Due to the current taxi strike, I am unable to go anywhere. Buses are being burnt and private cars being demolished if suspected of loading passengers without permission, Taxi drivers or owners personally attack anything that moving. Its a really sad day for me as I'm not well and couldn't go to the doctor as I don't have access to a private car, couldn't go to work either and unfortunately cant attend any of my classes due to the transport debacle aswell.

I am curious as to what led to this decision? What led the taxi-drivers or taxi association to decide to forbid any form of transport to operate? How fair is that on the commuters? How are we supposed to travel? What do we do in this instance? Who can answer these questions for me?

I overheard a stranger saying that the taxi's are striking due to support of their fellow Johannesburg comrades, who say that their taxis are impounded by the government and not getting any subsidies for their impounded taxis, and they want to be involved in the BRT system too. Apparently they say that this whole thing is depriving their kids of food and a better life.

I think they could have thought of a better solution than involve everyone in their own problems. Its very unfair on the commuters. Gosh i need a car!

2 comments:

  1. It is really unfair, taxi industry only think for themselves they don't care about other peopel. I'm sure they have another way of explaining all this maddness they doing. Your topic is very relevant!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do not even mention that dear.It was pathetic to say the list as it affected everyone. Good because its topic issue.

    ReplyDelete