Apr 18, 2011

Time or Money

In June 2005 right after I completed my National Diploma in Office Management and Technology, I got accepted at Lewisgroup for my internship and was really excited. I was going to be working from Monday till Friday and every alternate Saturday, and one Sunday in two months or so.  The pay cheque wasn’t that bad seeing that I was fresh out of school, had no responsibilities and this would be my first pay cheque ever, I was psyched!

A year or two went by and I was already bored, maybe I had lost my drive or the job was just not challenging anymore. I kept applying at different organisations and nothing suitable came along. More years went by and I got a job at my current company and this time I had to work shifts, including the weekend.

I have got to be honest, I enjoy working at this company but would rather work from Monday – Friday and spend the rest of the weekend with my family, friends, run errands, do school assignments, go to church, go out and just do all the things I used to do when I was younger. Atleast then I got to spend time with my family and just bond, love them and cherish all the things they do for me and also, get a chance to appreciate them and return their love.

Yes we all need to work for the money, but where does that land you? With less friends, no time for your family, always busy, abandoning loves ones, missing important milestones etc. Is it worth it? If you ask me, I would rather be poor and have all the love in the world than have the money and no love and thus lonely. Peace.

3 comments:

  1. This is so true Zanele, family is supposed to come first but most of the times we put it second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its very said topic Zanele. My advice to you sisi keep on applying you will get the monday to friday job and weekends will be you,friends,boyfried and your family. lovely one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so true family comes first in everything. I have seen that you are a very loving person and with your attitude you will go far in life.

    ReplyDelete