Apr 25, 2011

Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength?

Speaking from experience I think crying is one emotion you can hardly control. You may be watching a really sad movie and tears suddenly start rolling down your cheeks and you just can’t help it. Peeling onions also leads to your eyes tearing uncontrollably, it’s just natural.

In my point of view, whether crying is a weakness or strength depends entirely on the reason and situation at hand. I could be laughing like crazy and start tearing; I could be weeping from reading a sad story, not because I am weak but merely due to empathy. When you feel sorry for someone else, you tend to show a lot of emotion without anticipating it and instead of comforting them, you in turn need the comforting yourself.

In a situation where you feel so much joy, do you cry or laugh? In many a cases I would think the latter.  Sometimes you’re so overwhelmed with joy, laughter and blessings that you just cry because you are so happy and grateful. Would that be interpreted as a strength, weakness or neither? Who knows!

To me, crying is a form of release, releasing your emotions, thoughts and feelings. It’s better to let it all out and feel much better afterwards than to bottle it up and let your problem eat you up inside. So, in a way crying is healthy, maybe?? I dunno, what do u think??! Peace.

2 comments:

  1. I think crying is good, as you say it's a way of releasing tension that builds inside you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its not a sign of weakness. There is number of examples you have mention above,which i agree with you 100%.it can be emaotional,sympaty or cry of celebration or sadness.

    ReplyDelete